Delta Protection Commission
THE MISSION OF THE DELTA PROTECTION COMMISSION:
We Are Committed to the Protection and Health of the Delta. We protect, maintain, enhance and enrich the overall quality of the Delta environment and economy. We do this with a focus on Agriculture, Recreation and Natural Resources, while remaining mindful of the importance of the Delta to all Californians.
Would you like to receive email updates on Delta Protection Commission activities? Join our email list.
- NEXT DELTA PROTECTION COMMISSION MEETING: The Commission will meet next on Thursday, January 19, 2017 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM. Please check back for the agenda (posted at least ten days before the meeting) and associated documents (usually posted one week prior to the meeting date).
- DELTA FLOOD RISK MANAGEMENT ASSESSMENT DISTRICT FEASIBILITY: The DRAFT final report of the DRFMAD study is now available, with appendices. Public comment on the report will be accepted by the Commission until January 4, 2017.
- DELTA FLOOD RISK MANAGEMENT ASSESSMENT FEASIBILITY (DFRMAF) SUBCOMMITTEE MEETING: The meeting of the DFRMAF subcommittee on November 14 has been rescheduled to Thursday, December 8, 2016. The public is invited to attend: the agenda, address and more information may be found here.
- COMMISSION MEETINGS AUDIO NOW ONLINE: Audio from the Delta Protection Commission's bimonthly meetings is now online, beginning with March 17, 2016. You can review all postings on our YouTube channel, or link to pertinent sections from the current year meeting agendae.
- FALL 2016 DELTA VOICE: Learn about Sandhill Cranes, painter Wayne Thiebaud, why almonds aren't nuts and the city of Antioch in the Fall issue of Delta Voice.
- DELTA TUNNELS UPDATE: The public comments received during the California WaterFix recirculation comment period have been posted here. The Delta Protection Commission submitted a comment letter, as well as a request to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) to extend the deadline for comments on their permit request for California WaterFix, and to hold public hearings in the Delta. The USACE denied both requests. You can see the USACE response with the Commission's reply, the previous comment letters on earlier versions of the proposal and more details here.
- AQUATIC WEEDS: The California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways is issuing updates on their ongoing aquatic weed control programs. Delta residents and businesses are encouraged to sign up for their mailings to stay informed. Also, in 2014, Commissioners Piepho (Contra Costa County) and Ruhstaller (San Joaquin County) prepared and submitted a white paper on invasive aquatic weeds to the Delta Plan Interagency Implementation Committee.