Delta Levee Investment Strategy
The Delta Protection Commission has been closely following the Delta Stewardship Council’s Delta Levee Investment Strategy (DLIS) effort. The Commission takes a keen interest in the outcome of the DLIS, as it will determine the revised Delta Plan priorities for Delta levees. Delta levee policy is critical to protecting and enhancing the unique cultural, recreational, natural resource and agricultural values of the Delta. In its role as the voice of the Delta, the Commission has submitted comment letters throughout the DLIS process that may be viewed below:
- NEW April 17, 2017 comment letter to the Delta Stewardship Council in regards to the Notice of Preparation for the Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Delta Plan Amendments.
- The December 28, 2016 letter submitting the Policy Statement to the Delta Stewardship Council.
- Activity relating to Integration of Delta Levee Investment Strategy into the Delta Plan
- Policy Statement issued by the Delta Protection Advisory Committee and adopted unanimously by the Commission on November 19, 2015.
- Comments on the Scope of the Environmental Impact Report, July 2015
- Comments on the Principles paper, June 2015.
For the latest on actions taken by the Delta Stewardship Council, visit their website.
Delta Levees Funding Legislative Background
The Delta Reform Act also recognizes the Delta Protection Commission as “the appropriate agency to identify and provide recommendations to the Delta Stewardship Council on methods of preserving the Delta as an evolving place” as the Council implements the Delta Plan (PRC section 29703.5). In addition, the Commission has authority to review and provide comments and recommendations to the Council on “any significant project or proposed project within the scope of the Delta Plan…that may affect the unique cultural, recreational, and agricultural values within the primary and secondary zones” (PRC Section 29773).