Delta Leadership Program
Committed to this principle, the Delta Protection Commission, in partnership with the Delta Regional Foundation, created the Delta Leadership Program, an effort for sustained leadership development within the Delta community. With the challenges facing the Delta today, it is clearly in the Delta’s interest to cultivate the best in our existing leadership and to assist in creating a pipeline of informed and energetic leaders for the Delta’s future.
2017 Delta Leadership Program
The Commission and Delta Regional Foundation are currently accepting applications for the 2017 Delta Leadership class. Participation in the Program is by nomination and selection – please nominate individuals whom you consider a potential or existing leader in the Delta community and who would find this kind of top-level development and networking opportunity to be valuable. We encourage nominations from all walks of Delta life: agriculture, law enforcement, local government, non-profit organizations, local business, tourism and hospitality sectors, among others.
Dates for the 2017 Leadership Program sessions are January 27, February 10, March 10, April 14 and May 5. Nominees must commit to 100% attendance to be considered for the program.
A nomination form can be downloaded below, the deadline for accepting applications is Thursday, December 22, 2016.
The Delta Leadership Program features a five-day intensive curriculum completed over the course of five months (one business day per month). Each workshop is integrated with half of the day spent on regional issues such as water and agriculture, public safety and economic development; and the other half spent on skill development such as negotiation, team building, innovation, values and organizational momentum.
The goals of the Program are as follows:
- Identify and promote regional leaders in the Delta community.
- Develop skills and awareness to increase the pool of effective Delta leaders.
- Expand leaders’ knowledge regarding the key issues, opportunities and challenges that face the Delta region.
- Identify emerging leaders and deliver skills and tools to enhance their contributions to the Delta community.
- Build relationships of trust and cooperation between businesses, government, non-profit, civic, religious and cultural groups.
- Foster a shared sense of community throughout the Delta region.