Delta Protection Advisory Committee
The Delta Protection Advisory Committee (DPAC) provides recommendations to the Delta Protection Commission on diverse interests within the Delta, including: the Delta’s ecosystem, water supply, socioeconomic sustainability, recreation, agriculture, flood control, environment, water resources, utility infrastructure and other Delta issues. This fifteen member committee is appointed by the Commission and meets regularly; members serve three-year terms and may be re-appointed. Meetings are open to the public and everyone’s input is welcome; meetings are held 5-6 times per year in Walnut Grove.
Delta Protection Advisory Committee Meetings
The next DPAC meeting will be announced.
Advisory Committee Members 2017
- Delta Agriculture: David Strecker, Strecker Ranch and D&A Farms and Reni Della Maggiore
- Delta Business: Gilbert Labrie, Architect and Barbara Daly, Delta Heartbeat Tours
- Delta Conservation/Habitat: Judah Grossman, The Nature Conservancy and Craig Watanabe, Tuscany Research Institute
- Delta Flood Entity: Melinda Terry, California Central Valley Flood Control Association
- Delta General Public: Sam Arditi (Discovery Bay)
- Delta Organization: Mark Pruner, North Delta C.A.R.E.S.
- Delta Recreation: Kathy Bunton, Delta Kayak Adventures and Linda Gifford (Rio Vista)
- Delta Utility/Infrastructure: Sam Garcia, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Delta Water Exporter: Jason Peltier, State and Federal Contractors Water Agency
- State Agency: Jim Starr, California Department of Fish and Wildlife and Edward Hard, California Department of Parks and Recreation
For past meeting agendas and more information, see below:
- DPAC Meeting Agenda, October 8, 2015
- DPAC Meeting Agenda, September 8, 2015
- DPAC Meeting Agenda, August 19, 2015 Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4
- DPAC Meeting Agenda, July 28, 2015
- DPAC Meeting Agenda, April 16, 2015
- DPAC Meeting Agenda, March 4, 2015
- DPAC Meeting Agenda, February 24, 2015
- DPAC Meeting Agenda, January 6, 2015