Economic Sustainability Plan
Section 29759 of the Public Resources Code mandated the Delta Protection Commission the following:
(a) Not later than July 1, 2011, the commission shall prepare and adopt, by a majority vote of the membership of the Commission, an economic sustainability plan. The economic sustainability plan shall include information and recommendations that inform the Delta Stewardship Council's policies regarding the socioeconomic sustainability of the Delta region.
(b) The economic sustainability plan shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following:
(1) Public safety recommendations, such as flood protection recommendations.
(2) The economic goals, policies, and objectives in local general plans and other local economic efforts, including recommendations on continued socioeconomic sustainability of agriculture and it's infrastructure and legacy communities in the Delta.
(3) Comments and recommendations to the Department of Water Resources concerning it's periodic update of the flood management plan for the Delta.
(4) Identification of ways to encourage recreational investment along key river corridors, as appropriate.
See below for the Economic Sustainability Plan and supporting documents.
- ESP Proposal to the Delta Stewardship Council
- ESP Forwarded to the DSC for Inclusion into the Delta Plan
- ESP Executive Summary
- Memo on ESP Changes From October 10